Sunday 17 November 2013

How To Make Your Lipstick Last Longer


I'm a big lipstick lover, but something that can really annoy me about lipsticks is having to touch them up when they start to fade…especially the bolder colours! But I have come across a few ways to make your lipstick stay put much longer.


What You Will Need 
- A toothbrush, preferably an old one so you don't ruin the bristles
- A lip balm
- A concealer or foundation
- A lip liner
- A lipstick
- Face powder
- Powder brush
- Tissue

1. The first step is to exfoliate your lips. You can use lip scrubs such as the one from Lush, but to save money just get an old toothbrush, damp it with some water, and scrub at your lips to remove any dead skin.

2. Use a lip balm to moisturise your lips to prep them for lipstick. I'm using the Nivea essentials lip salve. I do this before doing my makeup, then after I've finished everything but lips I wipe away any excess lip balm.


3. Blot some concealer or foundation (trust me) onto your lips. It will act as a primer for your lipstick. Make sure you blend it in.


4. Use a lipliner similar to the colour of your lipstick of choice to outline your lips. Make sure to blend it softly so there's no definite line once you apply lipstick. This lip liner is Rimmel's lasting finish 1000 kisses lip liner in 061 Wine.


5. Apply your lipstick! I used Kate Moss for Rimmel in 107.

6.  Place a layer of tissue over your lips, and use a brush to apply some loose or pressed powder onto your lips through the tissue. The tissue helps to make sure only a very thin layer of powder goes on, but it's enough to set the lipstick in place. 


7. If you need to add a bit more colour after using the powder go in with another layer of lipstick. 

BONUS TIP -
If you're using a bright lip colour and you're worried about it getting onto your teeth then put your finger in your mouth, make an 0 shape with your mouth, then slide your finger out of your mouth.
Any lipstick that was on the inside of your mouth, and bound to get into your teeth, has now been removed and is on your finger.
SHARE:

23 comments

  1. Excellent tips especially the tissue and powder one!! :) i'm just worried this may take a lot of time since I'm always in a hurry in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The toothbrush and powder tips are great! I'll have to give them a go x
    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of the powder trick. I'll have to try that next time I wear lipstick. Thanks!

    Whimsical Allure

    ReplyDelete
  4. oo Good trick shared on fb :)

    http://www.iwantfashion.co.uk
    UK High Street Fashion
    Get the latest on high street trends, collections, EXCLUSIVE discount codes and more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post Amelia! I'll have to try out, saves time re-applying lipstick throughout the day :)

    Essence of Jess

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are really good ideas - I've never heard of applying powder over a tissue but I'll definitely give it a go! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, I find that one in particular works well :)

      Delete
  7. how often do you exfoliate your lips?
    elizabethsophiee x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! Theres some great tips there that will definitely be making their way into my lipstick regime :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing tips! Thanks so much :) xx

    kittyhearts.blogspot.co.uk
    KittyHearts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you think so! :)

      You're welcome x

      Delete
  10. Omg had no idea about the tissue/powder tip! I'm so going to try that now! Can't believe I've never heard it before.

    LOVE your blog hun, just followed on bloglovin :)

    MyLushBox

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Also please post anymore tips you keep tucked up your sleeve!

    MyLushBox

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will do! I might do these 'how to…' posts often :) x

      Delete

© Amelia Rose . All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig