Tuesday 19 November 2013

L'Oreal True Match Blush in Rosewood | REVIEW


I was recently in Boots and they had a 3 for 2 deal on…that's just asking for money to be spent!
One of the things I looked for was an Autumn blush, and I came across this one by L'Oreal in the colour Rosewood.



Rosewood is a gorgeous dark pinky brown with a slight shimmer running through it…so slight I'd call it a sheen rather than a shimmer. In the pan the colour looks very strong and I was almost worried about how dark it would be on my pale skin but I went for it.
When this blush is applied it looks nowhere near as dark as in the pan, because it's quite sheer. If you want a really bold colour you'd have to use a heavy hand and go back in a few times.


I do like the packaging of this, although it is plastic it doesn't feel cheap or flimsy and the blush itself is in a metal pan inside, which flips up and underneath is a mirror and a little brush…which to be honest I will never use, it's very scratchy and just no where near as good as proper brushes like Real Techniques. I don't like that the pan isn't fixed down though, so if you turned it upside down or something when it was open the brush would fall out from underneath.

I tried to get a swatch of this but it was so sheer you couldn't really see, the camera wasn't picking it up. You'll just have to take my word for it that this blush is really gorgeous, I love the shade for a subtle bit of colour during this season.
L'Oreal True Match Blush in Rosewood retails for £7.69 here, and Boots still have their 3 for 2 on!

Have you tried this blush?
What's your 'go to' everyday blush for Autumn/Winter?
x

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. This looks like the perfect shade :) & extra hard to resist when there's a 3 for 2 on!! I'm using a dainty doll one at the moment but it recently shattered & needs to go in the bin really xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely :) oooh I've never tried their blushes! x

      Delete
  2. This looks gorgeous! My favourite blushes at the minute are the Bourjois blush in Rose De Jaspe or Benefit's Bella Bamba :) x

    Jordan-Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like such a pretty shade, really can't go wrong with a good old high street blush!

    MyLushBox

    xx

    ReplyDelete

© Amelia Rose . All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig