Friday 1 November 2013

La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo - Is It Worth The Hype?


Effaclar Duo by La Roche Posay is one of those skincare products everyone on the blogosphere talks about, raves about even! But is it really worth the hype?


Effaclar Duo is basically a skin treatment that's meant to correct and unclog imperfections, purify pores and reduce the appearance of imperfections or spots. It's a serum like formula that you can use all over your face, or just in problem areas, twice a day.

I'd heard so many bloggers, YouTubers and other people rave about this product but it never crossed my mind to get it because I've never had problems with my skin at all….not until a few months ago.
A few months ago, due to health issues, my skin started to get worse (only a few spots but considering my skin had always been spot and imperfection free). I started getting under the skin spots along my jawline that just wouldn't go….so when I heard Tanya Burr and Ruth Crilly say they had the exact same problem but after using La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo it went away I just had to get it.

I've been using this product for about a month and a half now and I'm so disappointed.
A few days into using it my skin got SUPER dry, even though I applied masses of moisturiser. When I say super dry I mean it, it was horrible, makeup wouldn't sit on it, moisturisers didn't seem to help and it was making the spots sore. However, I'd heard some people say this product makes the skin get worse before it gets better, so I carried on using it.
About a week after using it the dryness was still there but nowhere near as bad, but I'd got more breakouts! But I kept with it…hoping for a miracle.
Now it's been a month and a half and I'm sad to report no miracle. My skin is no longer dry (thankyou E45 and Nivea), but my under the skin spots are still there.
I'm still using this product twice a day, hoping it works….I'll keep you updated but don't hold your breath on good news.

So, the short answer to whether I think La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo is worth the hype is a big no.
It obviously worked for other people, so don't rule it out, but for me it did nothing but burn a £13 hole in my pocket.


SHARE:

13 comments

  1. I was given retin-a for my skin but got the exact same problem of extreme dryness. So disappointing when for everyone else the product does wonders!
    elizabethsophiee.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I read this as I was thinking about using it! I hate buying expensive products and being disappointed! x

    Jordan-Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah :( I wouldn't completely rule it out though, because some people obviously love it x

      Delete
  3. Such an interesting review! I really loved this at first, but after 3 months I didn't like it at all! I just found that it did nothing xx
    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Disappointing isn't it, when there's so much hype around it!
      x

      Delete
  4. This is one of my skincare staples. I found it was worth the hype but everyone has different skin which is why there are so many different products :) sorry it didn't work for you, the drying skin doesn't sound fun! Great post x
    Joannaloves

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried it before but I actually really want to :) But after your review I think I'm gonna look for some samples or something cause I don't want to spend money on product that's not gonna work. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great post! would you like to follow eachother?
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was disappointed by this too - it really irritated my skin. Such a shame x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really loved this product, so interesting seeing other peoples reaction.
    It's a shame when its £13.00!xx
    www.knotreadyyet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh such a shame as I LOVE this; I don't know what it is in it but something really agrees with my skin!

    thunderl0ve

    ReplyDelete

© Amelia Rose . All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig