Saturday 23 November 2013

The Palette I've Loved For A Year


I love to change around my make-up, use different products, create different looks, so when a product has been reached for nearly every day for a year it makes it very special. The Stila In The Light eyeshadow palette is one of those products.


I got this palette just under a year ago and I've genuinely used at least 1 of the shades more or less every single day that I've worn makeup in that time. I love it a lot, and as you can see from the pictures I've only hit pan on 1 of the 10 shades which just goes to show how pigmented these little shadows are!

L-R bare, kitten, bliss, sunset, sandstone,
champagne, gilded gold, luster, night sky, ebony

The palette consists of 10 shades, all very wearable, all super pigmented and all are long lasting.
There are 4 matte shades (bare, bliss, sandstone and ebony) and 6 shimmery shades (kitten, sunset, champagne, gilded gold, lustre and night sky). All these eyeshadows are very creamy, soft and easy to blend. It also came with a Stila smudge stick in Damsel (brown) but I've used that up! It was lovely.
What I especially love about this palette is how many different looks you can do with it. You can create a really lovely natural look, and you can also create a very pretty smokey eye, and so many other looks in between. The shades I wear most often would probably be kitten, champagne and sandstone (in the crease and outer corner).

L-R bare, kitten, bliss, sunset, sandstone
L-R champagne, gilded gold, luster, night sky, ebony

The only complaint I have about this palette is the packaging, sure it's very pretty but definitely not practical for carrying around or travelling with. The lid is magnetic, there's no clip or anything, so what I have to do is put a hairband around it to stop it coming open if I have it in a bag.

I'd highly recommend this palette. It would make a brilliant Christmas gift!
It seems to be sold out everywhere but HERE! Purchase it for £25…bargain!

What's your most used eyeshadow palette?
x

SHARE:

15 comments

  1. This is super good because I use the Too Faced Natural Eye Palette and feel the same way you do about this one! These natural shades make SUCH a difference yet we don't look OTT! I really like the shade 'Sunset' in this palette!

    xoxo
    berrybloomxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried a lot of stila products but this palette looks really nice! All the swatches look gorgeous & I love that it includes a black.

    sundays grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't before this too, but they're really great :)

      Delete
  3. this looks sooo good ! i've only every tried a stila blush but not eyeshadows x

    http://lilemilyjane.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give the eyshadows a go, they're great quality :)

      Delete
  4. I love Stila, I remember when they pulled out of the UK market and I was devastated- so glad to see them come back a few years back! This palette looks amazing, definitely something I'm adding to my Christmas list!

    <3 xoxo

    http://goldilocksnotebook.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/christmas-choices-urban-decay-eye.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo...I am actually giving this palette away on my blog! I invite you join my giveaway!

    Laila | WIN THE EYESHADOW PALETTE OF YOUR CHOICE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The palette looks gorgeous, definitely added to my list of things I need to try! Thanks x
    http://makeupmonster77.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is hands down my favourite makeup item I own. I bought mine just over a year ago now, and mine is looking to be in the same state as yours! So pigmented, such a lovely shade range and long-wearing. I recommend this to everyone, and my friends always want to use it when we go out! x

    morerebe.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful! My most used palette is Urban Decay Naked Basics palette - I'm a sucker for matte shades
    lillies and lipbalm

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the look of this palette, it's so pretty! Kitten looks like a gorgeous shade, definitely going to get this with my Christmas money :) x

    https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/5670133

    ReplyDelete
  10. heard so many things about this palette and the colors in it are really all you need! so many looks can be created and you get some pretty natural ones too.

    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete

© Amelia Rose . All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig