Saturday 2 November 2013

The Autumn/Winter Nail


Happy November!
We're well into Autumn now and Winter is just around the corner. During these seasons I change up my nail colours, so I thought I'd share my top 5 Autumn/Winter nail varnishes with you.

L-R Avon Cherry Jubilee, Rimmel Lycra Pro Beige Babe, Studio London Cloudburst,
Studio London Mink, Eye Candy London All Night Long

Autumn/Winter nail colours tend to be a lot darker, and cold shades.

L-R Avon Cherry Jubilee, Rimmel Lycra Pro Beige Babe, Studio London Cloudburst,
Studio London Mink, Eye Candy London All Night Long

My personal favourite of the 5 is Avon's nail wear pro in Cherry Jubilee, it's a gorgeous deep red that's almost burgundy coloured. This shade is the varnish I wear most often in the colder months, and goes with the majority of my outfits. I also find it looks really lovely against paler skin tones. This varnish also lasts well, and dries super fast! You definitely need more than one coat though.
The second nail varnish is Rimmel's Lycra Pro in Beige Babe. I really love the colour of this, it's a browny beige that looks lovely on. I love the applicator because it's nice and thick. Rimmel claims this lasts up to 10 days but I found it only lasted about 3 days on my nails.
The third one along is by Studio London, it came in a set, and it's called Cloudburst. Cloudburst is a lovely navy almost black shade. Navy seems to be very 'in' on nails at the moment so this is really lovely. I also like that it looks black in some light, blue in others, and sometimes grey.
The fourth nail varnish is also by Studio London and came from the same set, this one's called Mink. I don't know quite how to describe the shade, but I'd say it's mauve. It looks very pretty on and it's a great choice if you don't like going too dark on your nails. I love the Studio London nail varnishes, they dry super fast and last a long time on the nails. Only complaint is the small brush applicator.
My last choice is a classic black. Everyone needs a black nail varnish! This one is my favourite and it's called All Night Long by Eye Candy London…I don't see much about this brand, but I got this in Sainsburys and think it's great! The colour lasts a week on my nails and it dries amazingly quickly, which is always good.

What's your favourite nail colour for 
the colder months?
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Such pretty colours my fave nail colour in winter is blacks and berry reds :)
    http://rosarieslittlecloset.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That red shade is gorgeous, it really does look like the color of a fresh, shiny maraschino cherry! Great post!

    The Penny Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is isn't it! My personal favourite, amazing quality for the price too.

      Thanks :)

      Delete
  3. I love dark greens and reds at this time of year too - great picks :) x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This are all great picks! Stop by my beauty channel some time to check out my Top 10 Fall Polish picks!!

    Kendra
    www.beautybykendrac.com
    youtube.com/beautybykendrac

    ReplyDelete

© Amelia Rose . All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig