Monday 25 November 2013

Eyebrow Tips And Tricks!


Whether you believe it or not eyebrows make a massive difference to your face. Shaping and shading your brows correctly can frame your face, help balance facial features, if you're older they can give you a more youthful look by opening up the eye area, make you look more 'put together', and just generally make you look more 'done'.




I have put together some of my best eyebrow tips, from plucking to filling your brows in.

1. Before you get plucking you should brush your eyebrows upwards and trim the long hairs with brow scissors, this will determine the natural shape of your brows before plucking.

2. Determine where you need to pluck! Don't just go straight in with those tweezers or you could easily over pluck. To find out where your brow should start grab a pencil and place it parallel to the side of your nose, that's where your brow should begin.
Next find out where the arch should be, grab that pencil again and align it with the outer edge of your iris, this is where your arch in the brow should be. Finally your brow shouldn't go further than where your brow bone ends.

3. Now you're ready to pluck.  A lot of people find plucking painful, I never have but here are some tips on making plucking a bit more bearable.
 - Pluck after having a hot bath or shower, the pores will be more open.
 - Soak a flannel in hot water, wring it dry and place it over your brows for a minute or two, remove it              then pluck.

4. Don't over pluck. To maintain a natural look don't pluck more than 2 rows of hair and don't pluck too much from above the brow, but you probably will need to pluck some from outer part above to create a very subtle slope.

5. Now you've shaped your eyebrows it's time to fill them in. Decide on your method, either a pencil or a shadow. I personally like to use a shadow because it looks more natural and gives a nicer effect in my opinion.

6. Get the right colour match. Most girls I see use entirely the wrong shade when filling in their brows…it's normally too dark. A rule that often applies is the shade should be 1 or 2 shades lighter than your current hair colour.

7. When filling in your brows it's best to follow your natural brow shape, rather than drawing on a whole new shape like some girls do. But if you have very sparse brows or have a bare patch it's best to use a thin eyebrow brush or even a eyeliner brush and do soft like upwards strokes to mimic the natural hairs.

8. I always start by defining the arch of my brow, just by gently brushing the powder with a brow brush through the brow. Once that's done I move on to the rest of the brows. It's a bit like colouring, don't go outside of the lines! Only ever do this very slightly if you want more definition.

9. Brush through your brows to make sure the powder, or pencil if you decided to use that, is distributed evenly.

10. For unruly brows use some brow gel, or brow set to make sure your brows are set in place all day.

There you have it! Now you should have perfect brows.

For a great budget buy brow kit look here!

I hope you found those tips useful, 
let me know if you try them out or if
you have any more brow tips!
x




SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Very useful tips! You really know what to advice, lovely:)

    http://lazybluesundays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree about how important eyebrows are, they can either make you or break you. When i've finished my brows I like to conceal both under and on top of them to give them a more clear cut edge.


    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I love the quote! Some really helpful tips - thanks for sharing :)
    xx
    Elise - www.elisedopson.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tip & I love the quote. It reminds of 'Never trust a man with a monobrow.' Haha that always makes me laugh. :) x

    Živa from Nothin' Fancy. Really.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tips, I also always trim my eyebrows before plucking any unwanted hairs.

    http://allaboutevesbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great tips, I hat my eyebrows, and I'm rubbish at doing them, but this should really help

    Please come check out my latest post if you have time :)

    Fragile Bird | www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. great brow tips! i enjoy seeing a fellow brow-lover like myself. i personally believe in the importance of brows too! x

    morerebe.com

    ReplyDelete

© Amelia Rose . All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig