Friday 11 December 2015

Top 5 Healthy Christmas Recipes


As a massive foodie I love Christmas! I'm a huge believer in balance but even over the Christmas period I like to remain a bit healthier - because I absolutely love this lifestyle, love the food I eat, it makes me feel so much better than eating refined, sugary foods and the flavours of healthy plant-based foods tend to be so much more delicious and wonderful. It can be tricky to stick to a healthy diet over the festive period - with selection boxes everywhere you go, candied everything, mouth-watering desserts and an array of canapés but these top 5 healthy Christmas recipes are bound to keep your sweet-cravings at bay, your tummy satisfied and your tastebuds tantalised.
 *Remember though, there's no harm in the odd Cadburys celebration chocolate or M&S Mince Pie!*

--- I also thought this would be a great time to tell you that I've started a health blog! Dedicated to delicious plant-based recipes, tips & tricks to stay feeling happy and healthy, exercise advice and lots of other things like that! Head on over to Www.NourishingAmelia.com to check it out!----


1. Mince Pies by Madeleine Shaw
I love a good mince pie, and this is my first Christmas being dairy and gluten free so I was a little worried about how I'd cope without my warm mince pie! I found this recipe from Madeleine on a blog and it's perfect. Sweet, delicate, wonderful perfect and you won't feel sluggish or guilty after eating this Christmas treat. Note - if you don't have time to make your own filling Meridian do a brilliant pre-made vegan and refined sugar free mince pie filling.


2. Spinach and Cashew Nut Roast by Madeleine Shaw
I made this nut roast the other day for my family and it went down so well! I was a little hesitant before making a nut roast because they've got a bit of a bad rep and I thought it could be boring, but this recipe is superb. The nut roast is packing full of amazing flavours, is really satisfying and has so much nutritional goodness in it.



3. Sweet Roasted Brussels Sprouts by Mind, Body, Bowl
Sprouts definitely get a bad rep, but in my opinion if you don't like them then you're not cooking them correctly. Roasting brussels sprouts with loads of flavour is what makes them amazing and a must-have for your Christmas lunch!



4. Cinnamon & Cranberry Cookies by Livia's Kitchen
Livia is my absolute go-to when I want healthy sweet recipes! Her blog is packed full of the most amazing recipes that are all super easy and don't contain hard to find ingredients.
She's got a load of Christmassy recipes on her blog, but these have to be my favourite. I love oat cookies all year around, but these sweet cinnamon and cranberry cookies are a winner! The flavour combination is blissful.



5. Spiced Apple and Cranberry Cabbage by Deliciously Ella
I'll tell you now, as soon as you pop this in the oven and it starts to cook your house will start smelling like pure Christmas goodness - I've never smelt something so festive! It's also extremely easy to make and will be a lovely side dish for Christmas day.



Check out my top tips on staying that little bit healthier over the festive period here!


Will you be trying any of these recipes out?
What's your favourite food at Christmas time?
x
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I've made Madeline's Nut Roast the past couple of years, love it!
    Emily x
    emilyjbenton.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all look so delicious and healthy at the same time! I'd love to try cinnamon&cranberry cookies.

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! They all look so tasty! Really want to try that mince pie:) Thanks for sharing!

    http://anythingandeverything.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely have to try these cookies and mince pies, they look so delicious!

    ronjalina.blogsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a vegetarian I really struggle for Christmas mains- this nut roast looks amazing, thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some great vegetarian alternatives for the Holidays, definitely pinning this!

    ISA Professional

    ReplyDelete

© Amelia Rose . All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig