Monday 6 April 2015

5 Countries I'd Love To Visit


Over the last few months I've had a serious case of 'wanderlust'. I think about different places I want to travel to and explore constantly, I read travel blog posts and endlessly search on pinterest. I think it's so important to see as much of the world as possible, to experience different cultures, breath different air, meet new people and see the best the world has to offer.
I'm hoping soon I'll be able to see more of the world, once I've saved up some money, but for now I thought I'd share with you a few countries I'd love to visit. They're not necessarily all my top 5 countries, but they're definitely all in my top 10 places to visit, and they'll probably be yours too after you see the photographs...

Italy
I think Italy looks absolutely beautiful and fascinating. I can't pinpoint one specific place I want to go because I want to see it all! I think Rome is top of my list though; the Trevi Fountain, the Colosseum, the Spanish Steps and Palatine Hill look amazing. I'm also dying to visit Pompeii, Venice and Tuscany.




Switzerland
This doesn't seem to be a popular choice when it comes to people going travelling but I really want to visit Switzerland one day. It looks peaceful, calm, beautiful and almost magical.
Lake Geneva is one of the largest lakes in Europe, surrounded by mountains, a hilly plain and the alps with elegant towns and cities too.
 Bern looks utterly picturesque. It's a medieval city which dates back to the 12th century. There's an ancient clock tower with moving puppets, a Gothic cathedral and market stalls.





Vietnam
Ever since I saw the Top Gear special in Vietnam I've had an urge to go there, which has since been cemented in more by EmTalks blogposts on her trip there, which she called life changing.
It looks like such an incredible country with so many different things to see. Ha Long Bay is my number 1 place to visit, with it's aqua-green water and cluster of rocky outcrops rising from the water it looks like something from a fantasy story. It features over 2,000 jungle-covered Islands with caves and grottoes…get me there! The old city of Hoi An is on my list too, for it's historic architecture and traditional culture. It's full of tiny pathways, traditional wooden houses and little shops.




Greece
Greece isn't somewhere I've really wanted to visit before, but after seeing some gorgeous photos and hearing travel bloggers talk about the country I'd love to visit. Namely the Greek Islands Corfu and Santorini (the latter being top of my wish list…I'd give a lot to go there!); they look breathtakingly stunning. But I'd also love to see the mainland, Hyrda is a small town that's arty and pretty.




The USA
Huge country, and so much of it I want to see. New York city is somewhere I've been longing to go for ages, to walk through central park, see the Empire State Building and explore. Then I'd want to go to the Grand Canyon, LA, visit Texas - especially San Antonio, and walk through the cobbled streets of Savannah.




There's so many more places I feel I need to see. Bali, Cuba, Brazil, more of France and Australia is definitely very high on my list; the only reason it isn't in my top 5 is because I think I might do a separate post on Australia…there's a lot of things I want to see in that country.

If you could go anywhere in the world, 
where would you go?



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. love this post, I'm dying to visit Australia!

    Lauren| thatgirlcalledlauren.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. As someone who lives in Australia it's always nice to hear people want to visit here! For me I love going to either Europe or America, but they're so far away it can make it a little hard at times!

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

© Amelia Rose . All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig