Wednesday 30 January 2013

Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate Moss for Rimmel London - Review

I have been absolutely loving lipstick lately. I feel naked now whenever I have nothing on my lips.
I think lipstick can make you look a lot more 'done up' and makes you feel better about yourself.
I've always found lipsticks don't tend to last well on me, they fade after as little as half an hour! So when I heard great things about the Kate Moss lipstick collection I thought I'd give them ago.

I really wanted a deep red lipstick so that was my first purchase (the shade 01) and I loved it so much that a few weeks later I bought two more, shades 20 and 05.






 Shade 01 is a quite a dark, deep red, however it looks lighter when applied. It's a really gorgeous colour, a classic red, that is perfect for going out or casual.
Shade 20 is quite a bright fuchsia pink and I LOVE it, I think it's my favourite out of the three. I was a little bit nervous before I bought it because I never normally wear colours like that but it looks really lovely on. It's not too bright but it's bold and I think it looks especially nice as my skin is fairly pale and I have dark hair and eyes. This is from the spring collection.
Shade 05 is a lovely pink, not too bright so can worn casually but at the same time very pretty and you can build it up to make it darker and bolder.


Left to Right - Shade 01, Shade 20, Shade 05.

What I love about these lipsticks is that they last AGES! Hours and hours, they claim to last up to 8 hours, which I am sure they do on some people, for me they probably last about 4. When I wore the bright pink (20) the other day the colour didn't fade when I ate or when I drank, amazing. They are super moisturising, if you suffer from dry lips like I do these will be brilliant for you, they don't dry my lips out at all! And they dry quickly, so it actually feels as if you have nothing on your lips!
The colours in the whole collection are great (Kate Moss picked them herself, well done her! Fantastic selection), they are SO pigmented; a little goes a long way and I think these will last me a long time.
I think the packaging is great as well, they feel nice to hold and look smart and the lid doesn't really easily come off which is great if you're going to keep them in your handbag or makeup bag.
Another thing I love about these is they smell and taste amazing! Some lipsticks smell and taste chemically, these smell of different fruit. The red smells of cherry and the bright pink (20) smells of raspberries! Lovely, lovely, lovely!

Top to Bottom - Shade 01, Shade 20, Shade 05.

These lipsticks are priced at £5.49 which I think is brilliant for the quality of them, and there's often a 3 for 2 deal on in Boots for Rimmel products.
I highly recommend trying these lipsticks out if you haven't already, I can't recommend them enough and I shall be getting some more shades!
Round of applause for Kate Moss and for Rimmel London!

Get shade 20 here!
Get shades 01 and 05 here!

Do you own any of these lipsticks? Or will you be trying them?


x

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. nice colours *_* your blog is very lovely and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. they all look so gorgeous, don't think i could pick a favourite!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // youtube

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win the UD naked basics palette, real techniques brushes and essie polishes! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the Kate lipsticks! my favorite is shade 05 but all of them look good.

    xx http://cracks-in-the-pavement-92.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

© Amelia Rose . All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig