Friday 8 February 2013

Mac Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft & Gentle Review

Today I thought I would share with you my favourite product at the moment! I know so many people rave about this, and yes, I have jumped on the Mac Mineralize Skinfinish bandwagon! But ohhh it's so lovely.


This product is a highlighter, I use it on my cheek bones, top of my nose and under my eyebrows to highlight my face. I just swirl my contour brush in there, tap off the excess so it's not too overloaded, and sweep it in the desired areas of the face. It makes the face look a lot slimmer and 'highlights' those areas of your face! The texture of this skin finish is beautiful, so velvety soft and light! I feels just amazing to put onto the skin, it doesn't make your skin feel clogged up or heavy, it's just really nice. It gives a wonderful glow to the face and leaves me looking a lot healthier, more awake and brighter.
I think highligher is quite an easy product to get wrong, some have WAY too much glitter or look way too heavy....looking like you've dipped your face in a bowl of glitter glue isn't a good look! But this gives a perfect dewy, soft finish to the skin and I think it would be very hard for someone to go wrong with this.



This looks wonderful in photographs, especially if you're using a flash because the light picks up the shimmer extremely well. The colour looks quite pinky, or even a tad orange in the pan, but it doesn't come across at all like that on the skin. It's quite metallicy, sparkly and a light peachy gold colour....PERFECT for highlighting.
It's so pigmented, you only need such a tiny amount of this product, a little definitely goes a long way! So it's going to last me a while which I'm super happy about; I know people who have had this for years and it still looks brand new!
The packaging is great also, standard Mac packaging. It's very smart looking, easy to keep clean and won't pop open in your makeup bag....I do wish it had a mirror though for on the go touch ups, but luckily it does last ages and ages so I will let them off for that one!


Heavy swatch - MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft & Gentle
I think this product would suit all skin colours because you can build it up, and all skin types because it is very gentle on the skin (as it's a mineral based product). 
I can't recommend this product more, I can't think of anything negative to say about it really, it would be such a great addition to anyone's make-up bag, would be used all year round and it will last AGES, which makes the high price tag of £21.50 a lot more worth it!


Do you have this Mac MSF in Soft & Gentle? Or will you be trying it?

What's your favourite beauty product at the moment?
x
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I have this, but mine seems extremely sparkly rather than just coppery or shimmery as if it's fine glitter. No idea why though. Glad it worked out for you, it's a super beautiful product!

    http://stephaniemaverick.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

© Amelia Rose . All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig