Tuesday 1 December 2015

November Favourites 2015


We all say it every month, but November really seems to have flown by so fast I don't quite know what's happened. We're now into December, which is a little crazy, the last month of the 2015 and lots of exciting things to look forward to (eeeeekkk Christmas!).
November's been quite a strange month for me, I've been backwards and forwards to doctors and hospitals with a hip injury and have been off work so I haven't had all that much time for shopping and discovering new products. That being said there have been a few things that have stood out as favourites this month.



All year around I'm normally a reds nail varnish girl; bright red in warmer months and berry toned reds in colder months, however I've been used a gorgeous grey colour on my nails during most of November and totally loving it. Essie's Chinchilly nail polish (£7.99) is a gorgeous grey with hints of purple in it, with the perfect balance between being cool and warm. The neutral tone manages to look classy yet edgy at the same time, meaning it goes well with any outfit or suits any occasion.


I've made a switch up from using makeup brushes this month, and started using a Beauty Blender (£16) instead. I'm quite late on the band-wagon with this discovery, but it's life changing and I'm a total convert. I find it makes my foundation look so unbelievably smooth and gives me the best coverage whilst looking more natural than my foundation has ever done before. It helps to diminish the appearance of pores and keeps my makeup looking flawless all day. What's not to love?

I've owned the Black Opium fragrance by Yves Saint Laurent (£44) for a year now, but hadn't used it for a few months due to it being a more wintery fragrance. I swapped it back into my routine recently and it's reminded me just how dreamy the scent is. Black Opium is quite a heavy, sexy fragrance with notes of black coffee, vanilla and  white florals, to me it's perfect and I am completely obsessed.

I have to be honest most of this month my hair has been in a bun on the top of head, but when I have decided to stop being lazy and style it I've been enjoying using the LOreal Paris Elnett Satin Heat Protecting Spray (£5.99). I find that this heat protection spray really feels like it's not letting any damage to be done to my delicate hair, it feels less dry and looks far more sleek when I've finished styling it. I also have been impressed with how well it's helped to keep the waves in my hair, so it's a big thumbs up from me.

My last favourite is not one I would have predicated a few months back, but I've been really enjoying listening to Justin Bieber's new album Purpose. I didn't used to be a fan of his at all, but he seems to have really turned it around and has brought out an album full of really catchy songs!


What's been your favourite thing this month?
x
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. I have heard so many great things about that fragrance!!!!!!!!!!!! I need it

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's seriously amazing, definitely go and give it a sniff! x

      Delete
  2. I need a Beauty Blender so much, I've been going on for ages now about how much I want one, I want to see what the hype is all about!

    Lauren Ashleigh xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely get one. It took me ages to part with the money, but I wish I'd done it sooner! x

      Delete
  3. My Beauty Blender is one thing I couldn't live without. Only for very sheer foundation I switch to a brush.

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually love all of these things!!

    https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/life-without-a-fun-sponge-lwfs-12298541

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lovely picks! Fantastic reviews and I'd love to try Black Opium so much! To Boots I go xD xx

    elizabeth | ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | follow for follow on bloglovin or instagram :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. The nail color is so pretty...I'll have to check it out!

    a small bit | bloglovin | twitter

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Essie one, this is a really great color for winter ! <3

    http://yourlovelyplace.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many gurus go wild on Black Opium - I want to try it so badly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretties! Thanks for sharing :)

    x, Kat of Nested Thoughts
    Follow me! // Instagram // Twitter // Facebook // Snapchat: katherineannika

    ReplyDelete

© Amelia Rose . All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig